1. Do NOT buy cute new sneakers the day before the walk. Wear the same shoes that you have been walking in....unless you want BIG BLISTERS!!
2. Travel to a new 3-Day destination each year like the Rack Stars. This way, it becomes a mini vacation for a very good cause:)
3. Always come prepared for all types of weather. It is often chilly in the early morning and toasty in the afternoon. Water bottles, gloves, bandanas, ponchos, and sunscreen are a must!
4. Take time to take in the sights and scenery along the route. Take pictures, stop for a quick snack at a local shop, and enjoy the views. Walking 60 miles through a city is definitely a unique way to explore!
5. Wear matching outfits with your teammates! It's makes you feel like a real team and will help through those last few miles.
Good luck to all of those walkers out there! Be sure to follow me @betterwithabook on twitter and @ahamer on Instagram. If you're not walking this year, plan on making a difference next year! 2015 registration is open for all walks, so make your plans now! Just go to www.the3day.org.