Turn off those TVs and screens this week! It's that time of year again! Take this opportunity to get your children in the habit of READING instead of watching! Try a few of these ideas this week while you're taking a break from the screens!
1. Find a poem that you like and have a poetry snap cafe...it is still National Poetry month!
2. Make up a skit with your friends about a favorite scene from the book you're reading.
3. Find a new cozy spot to read...outside in the shining sun, under a new blanket or while enjoying a new snack!
4. Play a game of book charades and try to guess some titles of your family's favorites.
5. Read a book aloud to the family instead of settling down for some TV time. Give everyone a chance to read throughout the week!
Even if you can't part with your screens for the entire week, try to stay away for at least one! Good luck and enjoy!