For the very little ones in your house...
Super Why! PBS kids app highlights:
* 4 Different games within the app focusing on letter identification, letter sounds, letter tracing and word choice
* Creates a virtual sticker book for rewards throughout the game
Bob Books 2 App highlights:
* Make connections between letters and sounds by selecting letters to fit into boxes.
* Uses simple pictures that correspond directly to the words
* Highlights words and sounds as they are read
* Helps your little one to spell words with little or no help, depending on your level and amount of mistakes
Bookster App highlights:
* Read-along storytelling that reads to your kids
* Records and plays their voices
*Engaging narration by kids their age
* Turn-able pages, tap-able and highlighted words
*Free first book, all others between $1.99 and $3.99
For 8 to 12 year olds...
Cinderella: Nosy Crow App features:
* An interactive version of Cinderella
* Help Cinderella tidy her house, dress the mean step sisters for the ball
* Narrates with child voices
*Tons of fun activities, speech bubbles to add to text and sound effects
Bartlebey's Book of Buttons app features:
* Help Bartleby add buttons to his collection by traveling in a submarine to the bottom of the sea
* Every page requires the reader to find the proper combination of actions to move to the next page
* Print stickers that have been awarded to you
What are your favorite reading apps? Please fee free to add them here!